As the name depicts, mini electric skateboards are small as well as compact electric skateboards.
People usually used mini electric skateboards for urban use in addition to the standard.
The mini electric skateboards that we will discuss in this article are lightweight and easy to carry. Many parents do wish to buy a mini skateboard for their kids as the first skateboard.
These mini electric skateboards are travel friendly as well as more affordable.
Some electric skateboards are even so small in size that you can even fit into your backpack.
Also, these mini electric skateboards are considered to be the most reputable one in the field of skateboards.
- Upto 20mph
- long battery time
- Light Weight
- high-speed level
- long battery time
- Light Weight
- Aluminum, Plastic
- long battery time
- Light Weight
- High speed
- long battery time
- Light Weight
- Polypropylene material
- long battery time
- Light Weight
- HIgh speed
- long battery time
- Light Weight
Many companies are manufacturing a large number of small and compact electric skateboards for civil use.
Consequently, they are becoming ordinary day by day, and many people are prioritizing the mini electric skateboard over many longboards.
The good thing is that they are trustworthy as well as high-quality materials used in its manufacturing.
Why Using a Mini Electric Skateboard?
Now the question arises in our minds about why people demand the mini electric skateboard. There are many reasons for it, such as:
Urban rise and portability:
Some people require electric skateboard portability as they have to move from one place to another regularly. So many electric skateboards are the best ones because they are the most portable and become popular in the market.
- If your skateboard is bulky and large in size, then it is not very convenient for you.
- Sometimes, you have to carry your bag and bulky electric skateboard into a bus or train. So it is tough to move it if you commute by train, bus, or any other vehicle.
- The more alarming thing is that when there are many people on the train or bus, you have to lift your board into the vehicle or even hold it the entire time.
For this purpose, the manufacturers think of manufacturing the mini electric skateboard, which is compact and small in size.
Many people use electric skateboard is its lightweight feature. When the skateboard is light in weight, then you can carry it anywhere, whether upstairs or to a school or college.
People use it very convenient when they have to take it on the 5th floor or the top floor when they do not have access to a lift.
Keep this thing in mind that the skateboards with hub motors are easy to kick, push forward, but the boards with belt motors are not.
If you are a frequent air traveler, you must purchase a mini electric skateboard, which you can carry during the flight.
Unfortunately, the majority of electric skateboards are not transported on the plane. So you have to consider carefully which skateboard you should buy that allows you for air travel.
Many small and mini electric skateboards are made for the perfect air travel as far as E-boards are concerned.
1-Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
First of all, the Boosted brand is considered to be very renowned and reliable in electric skateboards.
It is a very compact and small board with excellent customer service. Also, it is also very popular in giving you a smooth ride. Along with a smooth ride, it is also famous for shorter distance and quick rides.
- The shape of this electric skateboard is deep-dish concave, which keeps the feet in the right position.
- When you ride on the skateboard, your feet should remain in the right position to bend easily and push yourself against the dark for grid control and return.
- So this electric skateboard comes with a kick tale style with the help of which the rider can make sharp right-angled turns along with a fulcrum.
- So you will have a more flexible ride with the help of the particular mini electric skateboard.
- Moreover, it is specially designed to benefit the compact profile with great speed and acceleration.
- It comes with a variety of ride modes and a smooth braking system.
- Most surprisingly, you can also climb up the hills even with a steep level of 20%.
- They are the best ones in offering trendy and well-known boosted remote control.
- It is also famous for its air travel-friendly feature with a standard range battery.
- The good thing about this mini electric skateboard is that it has wheels with an 80 mm diameter.
So, in the end, I would say that it is the best mini electric skateboard which gives you an advanced carving capability and a smoother ride.
Pros and Cons Boosted Mini X Electric Skateboard
- The right amount of speed without sacrificing stability
- Split-second control of acceleration and braking
- Smooth ride even on the bumps and uneven surfaces
- Great customer support
- Some people have questions about its speed, but overall it is a good electric skateboard with great speed.
2-RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
RazorX cruiser electric skateboard is a high-quality skateboard that gives you great control.
The skateboard’s battery power is 125 watt, and it has a rear-wheel driving motor under your feet.
- Moreover, it is also equipped with a wireless, digital, and handheld remote so there you can control anything through your skateboard.
- Now, you can easily cover the distance for up to 40 minutes of continuous use at the speed of up to 10 mph.
- In addition to all these features, it also has the capability to give you a smooth and responsive ride without any alignment issue.
- The deck of this cruiser is made up of 5 layers of Canadian maple.
- We know very well that it is made up of very good material to absorb the roads’ dips and bumps.
- Consequently, it is a durable and high-quality skateboard that is easy to maneuver. If you give your kid the skateboard, he can easily learn to carve the sidewalks in no time.
- The wheels are also of high quality, which is made of polyurethane. We all know very well that polyurethane is a good material used in manufacturing wheels in different electric skateboards.
These wheels increase the grip on the road. It also comes with the kingpin trucks to give the board more stability, especially while making turns.
Pros and Cons RazorX Cruiser Electric Skateboard
- The Deck length is good
- Comes with the wireless Digital remote control
- High grip urethane wheels
- Have lithium-ion battery
- It is maintenance-free
- Gives you a smooth ride
- Great battery life
- Some people have a problem with the battery, but it also depends on how you use the skateboard.
3-Swagtron Swagskate NG3 Electric Skateboard for Kids
Swagtron is the ideal electric skateboard for the kids, with the help of which they can learn carving and other important skateboarding techniques.
- The skateboard’s maximum speed is 9. 3 mph, and it also has powerful responsive sensors.
- The sensor intelligently detects the weight and motion as well as automatic stopping.
- So with these responsive centers, the electric skateboard stops immediately in seconds when you dismount.
- Furthermore, it is a real feel skateboard with 72mm polyurethane wheels along with the propylene deck.
- As the deck is made of high-quality material, it will give you the flexibility to handle the pavement as well as absorb different shocks when you ride on uneven surfaces.
- Moreover, it also has a customer support service where the expert team is there for you if you have any skateboarding problems.
- It is very lightweight and you can carry it anywhere you want. So this is the best skateboard which is made for epic rides and commuting.
Pros and Cons Swagtron Swagskate NG3 Electric Skateboard
- Comes with a great speed
- Give you epic rides
- Powerful responsive sensors
- High-quality wheels
- Gives you the real feel of skateboarding
- Difficult to ride for small kids, but if they are experienced, then they can go for it.
4-Skatro Mini Cruiser Skateboard
Skatro is also a great brand of skateboard, where it is made up of plastic material.
- In addition, it is also available in a variety of amazing colors. However, the bearings material is alloy steel.
- Now, you can easily ride on the skateboard because of its lightweight feature where its weight is only 4. 7 pounds.
- The wheel size of the skateboard is 59 mm, and it is very good to give you the best performance because of ABEC7 bearings.
- The material of the wheels is urethane with 3-inch lightweight aluminum trucks.
- Consequently, it is equipped with skatro flex technology, which gives you great optimal flex on every board.
It is a great value skateboard that outperforms many of the leading brands of skateboards. It is an affordable skateboard that you can carry anywhere you want.
Pros and Cons Skatro Mini Cruiser Skateboard
- Great skateboard for challenging commuters
- Great skateboard as well as city-friendly
- High-quality materials used in its construction
- Fantastic customer support
- Comes in a great range of colors
- Some people are not happy with their color scheme, but it only depends on your choice.
5-Meketec Skateboards 22-Inch Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard
Meketec is a great brand in the field of skateboards, where the width of the deck is 6 inches.
- The deck is made up of polypropylene aluminum and plastic.
- In addition, the skateboard is available in a variety of bright colors from which you can choose according to your liking.
- Its durometer hardness is 78A, whereas the wheel material is polyurethane.
- The wheels give you great speed because of the ABEC7 bearings.
- The weight of the skateboard is 3.79 pounds, whereas the wheel size is 60 mm.
- The good thing about the skateboard is that it has a load capacity of 200 pounds. It is a unique skateboard with 3.25-inch trucks.
- You can also give the skateboard as a gift to your kids as it is very good for beginners to become expert in skateboarding.
Moreover, it is safe to ride as well as suitable for any level of rider. It is not only good for beginners but also for experienced riders.
Pros and Cons Mini Cruiser Retro Skateboard
- Available in a wide range of colors
- Well-made and perfect size
- A grade penny board
- Easy to ride
- Perfect for smaller kids even up to 7 years
- Not recommended for children under 5 years.
6-PlayWheels Ultimate Spider-Man 21-Inch Wood Cruiser Skateboard
It is an incredibly complete skateboard that has a deck size of 21 inches. There is a nine-ply maple deck that is used in the construction.
- It is a thick and durable electric skateboard. However, it comes with a single-click tail design, which gives you grid control and an easy way to break.
- In addition to all these things, it will give you a smooth ride because of high-quality wheels and nylon bearings.
- So this is the best mini electric skateboard for kids between the age of 5 to 10 years where it can support the maximum weight of a hundred pounds.
- So the kids who want to learn balance and coordination can go for this mini skateboard.
- The skateboard is very good at making the kids experience skateboarding.
The kids are also attracted by the amazing beautiful bright colors of the deck with vivid graphics.
So the skateboard has a good size, which gives the right amount of space to start riding with some room to keep growing.
Pros and Cons PlayWheels Ultimate skateboard
- Well-made and perfect size
- Perfect for beginners
- High-quality materials used in the construction
- Stable and smooth ride
- Also good for small kids
- Some people are not happy with the packaging, but an overall skateboard is of high quality.
Buyer guide before selecting a small skateboard
Before purchasing a small electric skateboard, knowledge about its features is essential.
So I have compiled a buying guide that helps you a lot in choosing the best products to help you in the long run.
In this buying guide, we will go through different aspects of electric skateboards, which are sturdy and compact.
The battery of the mini skateboard:
Many small electric skateboards do not have more space to carry a big size battery.
People usually do not like to purchase a skateboard, which does not have a battery, as it is challenging to cover a long range with a single charge.
You must ensure this thing before purchasing whether you want a mini electric skateboard with a battery or a battery.
On the other hand, you must go for high-quality, long-lasting batteries.
Weight of small skateboard:
Usually, when you purchase an electric skateboard, it usually contains a battery and an electric motor, which exceptionally lessens the man’s work.
- But make sure that the battery is lightweight because if it is heavier, it will ultimately increase the weight and make it even heavier.
- So it is the first requirement of a mini electric skateboard is that must be small and as well as lightweight.
- The lightweight feature also depends on many factors such as battery, trucks, deck, battery as well as the size of the motor.
So whenever you think of purchasing, you must see this thing in the specifications of how much the particular skateboard’s weight.
Type of the motor:
Skateboards usually think that it contains only one motor. Many electric skateboards have one motor, dual motor, or even four motors available in the market.
But unfortunately, when you add one more motor to your skateboard, then it will ultimately add more weight to it.
in short, there are two types of motors.
Hub motors and the belt motors:
Hub motors do not produce so much sound, and they are also lightweight and stealthier. If we talk about belt motors, then they have certain benefits such as in these motors, standard wheels are used.
These wheels are made up of urethane, adding more cushion than the hub motor.
Although belt motors are right in the sense of urethane wheels, hub motors supply more torque and thus produce more acceleration and hill-climbing capability.
So from my point of view, hub motors are superior to belt motors in the case of mini-electric skateboards.
Wheels of mini skate:
As we all know that many electric skateboards have tiny boards, and they ultimately require prudent wheels.
The reason is that when you ride on uneven roads, then low-quality wheels will make your ride uncomfortable.
So before purchasing the mini electric skateboard, you must look at what type of materials are used in the wheels’ construction. Also, you must look for the wheel diameter to enjoy a smoother ride.
Customer support is an essential factor that you must take into account. If you have any queries regarding your skateboard, you can contact someone who will help you resolve the issue.
Also, if you ask any questions regarding your electric skateboard where they can fix the technical issues by answering your questions. It will add satisfaction to the customer if a skateboard comes with customer support.
Upsides or Downsides of a mini skateboard
Upsides of the mini electric skateboards
The mini electric skateboards have many benefits or upsides, such as:
- They are very lightweight as well as portable. So they are easy to carry if you want to take them with you during traveling.
- They are considered perfect urban commuters.
- The mini electric skateboards are air travel friendly, where you can carry them easily during air travel.
- It is relatively inexpensive compared to regular electric skateboards.
- Additionally, it also comes with unique designs and styles.
Downsides of the mini electric skateboards
Although a mini electric skateboard has many upsides, it still comes with some downsides.
Usually, when the electric skateboard is smaller in size, there is very little probability of fixing a big battery. So the range of the skateboard will not be substantial with a small battery capacity.
If it does not come with a great range, then ultimately, the mini electric skateboard will not be able to take you to a farther distance.
Normally, people want to purchase an electric skateboard, which comes with reduced vibrations produced by uneven roads.
So the mini electric skateboard must have the capability of reducing the vibrations produced by evil roads and especially when you are riding over rails or pavements.
Usually, many electric skateboards produce vibrations when running on uneven surfaces.
The wheels of the electric skateboard should be designed in a way so that you can carry them anywhere in a smooth way.
The wheel size must also be bigger as bigger wheels will end up with a good performance than the smaller ones.
If we talk about the deck, then the mini electric skateboard deck should be smaller in size.
Usually, boosted boards are very smooth, and the reason for it is that they come up with big wheels as well as small flexible decks.
As we all know, bigger boards can easily go for curvy rides, but mini electric skateboards do not have great carving.
The carving of any skateboard depends on the wheelbase along with the trucks and decks. These features check whether you can carve along the road with your skateboard or not.
Stability is the main factor you have to consider before purchasing the mini electric skateboard for any kind of skateboard you want.
However, many electric skateboards are not very user-friendly for newcomers. The reason is that it is very difficult to keep the balance of the small boards with our riding stability.
But with time, when you learn how to maintain the balance, then it will be good for you.
The riding stability of the electric skateboard depends on the big deck, big trucks, big wheels, and the big wheelbase. But unfortunately, all these things are not the features of the small electric skateboards.
So you have to be experienced in learning how to maintain balance with mini electric skateboards.
The balance with the electric skateboard depends on the leg muscles, especially the feet and the calves, with great riding experience.
It increases the balance and helps a rider with a lot of improving stability.
The mini electric skateboards are smaller in size, along with a smaller motor and a smaller battery.
When small components are used, it comes with small power output, lower range, and lowered top speed on a single battery charge.
FAQs for Mini Electric Skateboard
Are mini skateboards good?
Mini skateboards are also called cruiser skateboards and are specially used for riding and rolling around.
The mini E-skateboards are designed for controlled speed and range but it’s recommended to use the skateboard helmet always while riding.
They are not designed for performing tricks but are widely used for commuting. These are the small plastic boards that serve as mini-cruiser.
The wheel size of these skateboards is 55-56 millimeters in diameter. They are very good, especially for commuting and for taking it from one place to another.
Moreover, they are also great for riding over long distances uninterrupted. Along with all these features, these boards have soft wheels that can stand on harsh surfaces easily.
What is the best mini cruiser skateboard?
There are many mini cruisers and skateboards present in the market. They are good for commuting without carrying a huge weight.
So they are lightweight boards with soft wheels. They are small in size; they still allow for carving.
People look for the deck of mini skateboards along with their looks, performance, and quality of the components used in their manufacturing.
To get the best mini electric skateboard, you must look into every aspect of it, such as its weight, battery, wheels, etc.
You can also check the buying guide about mini electric skateboards discussed above in this article.
Can you ride an electric skateboard normally?
Riding on the electric skateboard is easier than the normal longboard. There are certain reasons for it:
- While going uphill, you do not have to push yourself with great power.
- Electric skateboards have brakes so you can slow down the speed or stop yourself while going anywhere. It is usually recommended to keep the speed around 20 mph to keep yourself away from any accident.
- You can easily slow down the speed as well as turn your skateboard if you have anything in front of you.
Are mini skateboards hard to ride?
For beginners, it is a little bit hard to ride on the mini skateboard. So it is a bit challenging for them and something that they can easily carry around.
The reason is that the mini skateboard has a steep learning curve because of its small surface.
It is sometimes difficult to achieve balance on these boards, but once you learn how to keep up the balance, you can get the hang of it.
Moreover, the skateboard must have high-quality components like high-end polyurethane wheels, high-quality bearings, a kicktail, and a grippy deck.
Conclusion for Mini Electric Skateboard selection
We have learned different things about mini electric skateboards. Although they are similar to a regular electric skateboard but are somewhat different in certain aspects.
However, the mini electric skateboard’s weight is less as well, along with its deck size. It is low in terms of performance.
The mini electric skateboard is specially designed for kids and adults who want to use it for commuting and frequent traveling.
This article discussed the six amazing top-performing mini electric skateboards from which you can choose according to your choice and convenience.
From my perspective, Meketec skateboards are the best ones as they come up with a great performance and a maximum load capacity of 200 pounds.
Skatro mini cruiser skateboard is also a good choice because it is the best in terms of performance and is available in a variety of beautiful colors that can easily attract your kids.